HKScan Corporation                  Stock exchange release              31.3.2015, 1.00 pm


HKScan closes sale of Estonian egg business and establishes minority holding in Finnish chicken hatchery

On 19 December 2014, HKScan announced plans to sell its Estonian egg business, OÜ Koks Munatootmine, to DAVA Foods Holding A/S of Denmark. The deal was approved by the competition authorities and was finalized today.

Another transaction announced last December was also brought completion today. HKScan Finland and DanHatch AS of Denmark agreed to sell HKScan Finland’s hatchery business and related real estate assets to DanHatch Finland, an associate co-owned by the two companies, HKScan Finland with a 20 per cent minority holding, with DanHatch owning the remaining 80 per cent.

HKScan Corporation
Hannu Kottonen


For further information:

Hannu Kottonen, CEO, HKScan Corporation
Please submit a call-back request via Marja Siltala, VP Communications, tel. +358 10 570 2290.  


HKScan is the leading Nordic meat expert. We produce, market and sell high-quality, responsibly-produced pork, beef, poultry and lamb products, processed meats and convenience foods under strong brand names. Our customers are the retail, food service, industrial and export sectors, and our home markets comprise Finland, Sweden, Denmark and the Baltics. We export to close to 50 countries. In 2014, HKScan had net sales of approximately EUR 2.0 billion and some 7 700 employees.



NASDAQ OMXls Helsinki
Key media